Our Head Chef David Friel has been running the Grill Room kitchen here at 29 Glasgow since opening in 2007.
We will be sharing some of his classic recipes for you to try at home. This week we have Piri Piri chicken caesar salad.
“Spice up your day (sunny or grey) with a taste of this zesty Portuguese dressing. It can either take no time at all but if you want to really make the most of that flavour then marinating the chicken overnight.”
Piri Piri Chicken Caesar Salad
Time: 15 minutes (after marinating)
Marinade chicken breast with piri piri marinade a few hours before you need them.
Either griddle, grill, roast or bbq your chicken until fully cooked through and serve while still hot
- 500g chicken breast
- 250g mayonnaise
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 50g grated parmesan cheese
- Cos / romaine or baby gem lettuce (roots removed and washed)
- Garlic croutons
- Anchovy fillets
- Fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- Set your chicken aside and blend all other ingredients together to make a paste.
- Marinade the chicken breast in the paste for as long as you like – overnight works best.
- Either griddle, grill, roast or bbq your chicken until fully cooked through and serve while still hot
- To make your salad, lightly mix all salad ingredients together and dress just before serving with the piri piri chicken.